25 Apr Home Invasions and Break-Ins Really Happen
Home invasions and break-ins happen everywhere every single day. More burglaries happen during the day than at night: it’s a known fact. Most burglaries are random events that occur when burglars expect nobody at home. So there is literally only one way to prepare for such an event…Home Security System. Security One believes it is in the best interest of everyone to not only own but also properly use their home security alarm.
Here are a few tips on home security:
- Purchase an alarm system for your home or business and use it whenever you’re away. It is also a good idea to have your home alarm activated while you’re asleep.
- Have motion detectors installed inside your home to help detect an intruder trying to get in through the windows. And install motion sensor lights at the front and rear of your home or business.
- Be sure to have each door secured with a door sensor that is connected to your alarm system. Make sure you keep your doors and windows locked. Do not hide a key outside of your home, because criminals know all the places that you can think of to hide it.
- Make sure all the batteries in your wireless sensors are not bad. If they are replace them.
- Make sure that you pick-up your mail and newspapers on a daily basis. If you’re not going to be at home for a few days or longer, arrange to have someone you trust pick-up your mail and newspapers every day.
- When you’re going to be away from home on vacation put several interior lights on a timer, making sure you set them to go on and off at different times. A z-wave device connected to your alarm system will help you to do this.
For any help making sure your home is secure contact Security One at: (855) 229-9733