12 Jun Are You Protected?
Are You Protected?
With Summer coming on and with the weather getting so nice, it can become easy to forget about home security. Don’t. Traditionally during these summer months is when there is an increase in break-ins and burglaries. Some people think, “Break-ins, burglary, home invasion? This will never happen to me.” Hopefully it won’t. But how often do you think burglaries occur in the US? You might be surprised by the answer — about every 15 seconds. The over whelming majority of the time these random break-ins occur at home with no home security system.
Here are some facts:
- Most break-ins happen between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. while you and your family are at work and school.
- An intruder won’t be there very long. On average they spend 8-12 seconds in the house. Smash and grab.
- Most house burglars are male teens that live within a couple miles of your home.
- Over half of the time, 56%, break-ins happen either through the front or back door.
- About 95% of Burglar gain forced entrance to a home through some sort of entrance on the first floor. Be it door, window or garage.
- The average loss per break-in is: $1725
- Burglar are searching for homes that appear unoccupied.
- Homes without a security system are three times more likely to be broken into than homes with security systems.
This is the time of year that you really want to be able to kick back and relax. Or maybe you are thinking about taking that dream vacation. Do it with the peace of mind that a home security system from Security One provides. We are experts in the home alarm business and understand that each customer is unique and has special needs. Security One is equiped to handle each need of every customer to make sure that you receive the best that home security can provide. Contact Security One today at (855) 229-9733