Family Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

26 Feb Family Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, and tasteless gas that is slightly less dense than air. It is toxic to humans and animals when encountered in higher concentrations.

In Pocatello Idaho, a family of four died from carbon monoxide poisoning. They were discovered by by relatives who were trying to figure out why they had not heard from them all weekend.

Pocatello police are still investigating the deaths, but Bannock County Coroner Kim Quick said the preliminary cause of death was CO poisoning. He said the family died between 11 p.m. Saturday and 1 a.m. Sunday.

Quick said significant amounts of the odorless and tasteless gas, known as “the silent killer,” were detected in the home and improper venting in a water heater may be to blame.
Read more at KSL

Americans without a carbon monoxide detector in their home are at risk for CO poisoning. Preventable deaths occur every year because the gas is odorless it is difficult to detect, earning it the nickname the “silent killer”. A vehicle left running in the garage can put you at risk, as well as many household appliances that run off fuel rather than electricity.

A carbon monoxide detector or CO detector is a device that detects the presence of the carbon monoxide gas in order to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. CO detectors are designed to measure CO levels over time and sound an alarm before dangerous levels of CO accumulate in an environment, giving people adequate warning to safely ventilate the area or evacuate. Carbon Monoxide detectors from Security One are system-connected detectors that also alert a monitoring service that can dispatch emergency services if necessary.

Contact security one today to get a Carbon Monoxide detector installed in your home.

Call us at (855) 229-9733

Or visit us at:

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.